The Burj Khalifa, an architectural marvel located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, stands as the tallest structure on Earth. Rising to an astonishing height of 829.8 meters (2,722 feet), or just over half a mile, it offers an unparalleled experience to tourists from its 124th-floor observation deck. Here, visitors can marvel at a panoramic view that showcases the breathtaking cityscape. For an even more extraordinary adventure, the “At the Top” package grants access to the world’s highest observation deck on the 148th floor.
The Burj Khalifa’s construction commenced in 2004 and was completed in 2009, with its striking exterior captivating observers. Serving as the centerpiece of Downtown Dubai, this magnificent skyscraper symbolizes Dubai’s ambitious vision for international recognition and economic diversification. The name “Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan” honors a former leader of the United Arab Emirates, with financial support for the project coming from Abu Dhabi and the UAE government. The Burj Khalifa has surpassed various height records, solidifying its status as the world’s tallest building and an emblem of architectural grandeur.
- What is unique about Burj Khalifa design?
- What makes the Burj Khalifa so important?
- Can you enter Burj Khalifa for free?
- What is inside in Burj Khalifa?
- How far is Burj Khalifa from city center?
- How far is the Burj Khalifa visible from?
- Can you see the whole of Dubai from the Burj Khalifa?
- What is the better time to visit Burj Khalifa / Is it better to visit Burj Khalifa at night?
- 10 Interesting Burj Khalifa Facts/Top 10 reasons to visit the Burj Khalifa
FAQ about visiting Burj Khalifa
1. What is unique about Burj Khalifa design?
The architecture of the Burj Khalifa draws inspiration from the elegant Hymenocallis flower, with its distinct three-lobed imprint reflected in the design. Comprising three main components arranged around a central core, this modular tower boasts a Y-shaped structure that ensures inherent stability. The setbacks along each of its three wings contribute to a well-balanced layout, while the generous floor plans cater to various residential needs. Ascending in a spiral fashion, the tower gradually narrows by 26 helical levels, culminating in a meticulously carved spire atop the central core. This thoughtful design not only provides breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf but also evokes a sense of familiarity with the onion domes commonly found in Islamic architecture, whether observed from the ground or soaring high above.
2. What makes the Burj Khalifa so important?
The Burj Khalifa transcends its status as the tallest structure worldwide, embodying a groundbreaking testament to international cooperation. It stands as a metaphorical lighthouse, illuminating the path of development and symbolizing the dynamic, prosperous future of the Middle East. Serving as tangible proof of Dubai’s growing prominence on the global stage, the Burj Khalifa showcases the city’s evolving significance and its aspirations for a bright and flourishing tomorrow.
3. Can you enter Burj Khalifa for free?
In order to reach the pinnacle of the Burj Khalifa, it is necessary to acquire a ticket. The price of your ticket will be determined by the specific observation deck you opt for, as well as the time of day you decide to visit.
The tour includesthe top destionations in Turkey, Cyprus and Dubai.
4. What is inside in Burj Khalifa?
Levels 19 to 108: The Residences at Burj Khalifa (900 residences, including studios, one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom suites)
Levels 112 to 154: Corporate Suites
Levels 148, 125, and 124: At the Top Burj Khalifa SKY (highest outdoor observatory in the world)
Levels 154, 153, and 152: World’s highest lounge (with an outdoor terrace for enjoying afternoon tea or cocktails and canapes)
Levels 38 and 39: Armani Hotel Dubai
5. How far is Burj Khalifa from city center?
The distance separating Burj Khalifa Metro Station and Deira City Centre in Dubai spans approximately 11.25 kilometers, andit approximately takes around 31 minutes.
6. How far is the Burj Khalifa visible from?
The magnificent Burj Khalifa is visible from a remarkable distance of up to 95 kilometers (60 miles) when viewed from the land.
7. Can you see the whole of Dubai from the Burj Khalifa?
The Dubai skyline unfolds as far as the eye can see, providing a breathtaking vista from the observation decks. Moreover, these decks offer a distinct aerial perspective of The Dubai Fountain, enhancing the enchanting experience for visitors.
8. What is the better time to visit Burj Khalifa / Is it better to visit Burj Khalifa at night?
The ideal time to visit At The Top Burj Khalifa for the best view is typically between 04:00 PM and 06:00 PM. Additionally, if you prefer a serene and less crowded experience, the evening hours closer to closing time can be a favorable choice. However, if your priority is to avoid larger crowds, the early morning hours from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM are generally better, as they tend to have thinner crowds.
10 Interesting Burj Khalifa Facts;
Certainly, numerous reasons can be listed to visit the Burj Khalifa; however, here are the top 10 reasons to visit the Burj khalifa.
- i. The Burj Khalifa is the tallest structure in the world, reaching a height of over 828 meters. It is twice as tall as the Empire State Building and three times taller than the Eiffel Tower.
- ii. In addition to its impressive height, the Burj Khalifa features the world’s tallest elevator. This remarkable elevator ascends a staggering 504 meters in one go, reaching an incredible speed of 60 kilometers per hour.
- iii. Alain Robert, famously known as the French Spiderman, accomplished a remarkable feat by scaling the towering heights of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Over a period of just over 6 hours, he undertook a solo climb without any assistance, conquering the mega skyscraper. Adding to this extraordinary event, on April 21st, 2014, French jumpers Fred Fugen and Vince Reffet leaped from the pinnacle of the Burj Khalifa at an astonishing height of 828 meters.
- iv. To envelop the Burj Khalifa’s exterior, a meticulous process was undertaken, involving the placement of 26,000 glass panels, each meticulously cut by hand. This intricate craftsmanship ensured a seamless and stunning façade for the iconic structure. Furthermore, the sheer magnitude of the aluminum used in constructing the Burj Khalifa is truly awe-inspiring. Weighing as much as five Airbus A380 airliners, this remarkable feat demonstrates the immense scale and engineering prowess employed in bringing the world’s tallest building to life.
- v. In the movie Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol, the iconic sequence featuring Ethan Hunt scaling the exterior of the Burj Khalifa was indeed filmed with Tom Cruise himself. The actor fearlessly took on the daring task without relying on a stunt double. This memorable scene showcases the impressive physicality and dedication of Tom Cruise in bringing the thrilling moments to life on the tallest tower in the world.
- vi. The Burj Khalifa is encompassed by the expansive Dubai Fountain, an impressive water feature spanning an area equivalent to two football pitches. Travelers have the opportunity to embark on a delightful experience by sailing on traditional abra boats within this captivating aquatic setting.
- vii. Cleaning the windows of the Burj Khalifa is an extensive process that spans three months. This crucial maintenance task comes with a substantial price tag, typically ranging from $150,000 to $300,000.
- viii. During the construction of the Burj Khalifa, an enormous amount of rebar (reinforced steel bars) was utilized. In fact, if all these bars were placed in a line, they would stretch approximately one-fourth of the way around the world.
- ix. At a breathtaking height of 555 meters, the Burj Khalifa boasts the world’s highest outdoor observation deck, located on level 148. From this vantage point, visitors can marvel at the stunning views of Dubai, taking in the cityscape from an extraordinary perspective.
- x. The Burj Khalifa is likely to relinquish its title as the tallest building in the world in the near future. The Kingdom Tower in Jeddah is scheduled to open in 2025 and is expected to surpass a height of 1000 meters, surpassing the Burj Khalifa’s current record.
As you can see, there are countless reasons to visit Dubai.
- 5 Places You Have to See in Dubai & Things to do in Dubai in 2024
- Explore The Beauty and Significance of Eco-Tourism: A Sustainable Travel Experience.
- Ecotourism: A comprehensive Overview
- Ultimate guide of Oludeniz
- FAQs about Izmir; the pearl of Aegean
Antalya Anzac Day Beylerbeyi Palace Biertan Fortified Church Blue Cruise Bodrum Bran Castle Burj Khalifa Cappadocia Croatia Curtea de arges monastery Dawn Service Derinkuyu Underground City Dracula Ephesus Fethiye Gallipoli House of Virgin mary Istanbul Izmir Kusadasi Maiden's Tower Pamukkale Peles Castle Poenari Castle Romania Sibiu Old City Center Sighisoara Sirince Turkey
We had a wonderful tour of Turkey
We had a wonderful tour of Turkey, which included Anzac day at Anzac cove, our guide & driver were excellent & we only had a small number on our bus. Hotels were 4 star or more, but were out of towns. Food was good mainly buffets. Great value for money. Turkish people were lovely.
Excellent value and comprehensive tour of top sights.
Excellent and experienced guide Oscar was a wealth of knowledge and fun to travel with.MC
The airport pickup and departures were smooth and well organized. Hotels were all of good quality though some were a distance from the cities visited. Lunch/dinner buffets were fairly repetitive in content, but you could always find something good and one never goes hungry. The vehicle used, a minibus, was modern, clean and “Fati” was a safe and excellent driver. There are some quite long driving days to cover so much territory, but in 10 days you will have seen many of Türkiye’s most famous and beautiful sights. Very good value for money and a responsive and communicative travel company to work with. I look forward to future adventures with TravelShop.
A trip of a i will never forget with Travelshop Turkey
What an amazing experience with TravelShop Turkey .We did a Cappadocia and Istanbul tour and Loved every moment of it. From the Airport meet and Greets and Transfers to the Hotel which ran smoothly in aircon vans. The Selection of hotels which where suberb with amazing breakfasts and clean spacious rooms. The private guides where very knowledgable , friendly and accommodating to everyones needs . This was a trip i will never forget and will definately recommend Travelshop Turkey without hesitation.Kim Moir
TravelShopBooking is the best
Thank you so much for arranging top notch tour.Aman Ahtasam
I must say TravelShopBooking is the best for turkey. And Special thanks to Ms Gulizar. She was very helpful in arranging and helping the package as well as she takes daily updates too.